As the Farmers Almanac calls for a snowy and cold winter, We've put together a few tips to help you avoid freezing and bursting pipes in your home.
- Seal any windows, doors or cracks on the exterior of your home.
- Do a walk-through of your home. Check crawl spaces, basements, unheated rooms, and exterior walls for spots that may be freezing points.
- Protect pipes with heat tape or insulation.
- Leave cabinets open so warmer room temperatures flow in. Be sure to remove any cleaning supplies and keep out of reach of children and animals.
- Know how to shut off your water and mark it with a tag for easy access in case of an emergency.
- On extremely cold days, let water drip slightly through pipes to prevent them from freezing.
- Call a licensed plumber if you're not sure on how to address an issue. It will save you money in the long run!